12 September, 2013

Google has updated Gmail's Hindi interface with new strings.

Update : Ersher from Google replies - I talked to our Hindi team and they said that there was a lot of user feedback प्रारूप or प्रेषित types of words were academic and difficult to understand (hence the change). However, I passed along your thoughts just so they are aware. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Recently Google updated a few Hindi strings in Gmail. While I was happy to see that “Sign Out” has been updated from "साइन आउट" to “प्रस्थान”, I found that some of the other updated translations are worth review.



New Strings in Gmail's Hindi Interface
  • The string "Drafts" has been updated to "अधूरा इमेल", means "Incomplete email" . "Drafts" is not always incomplete, it may be complete. The correct and exact translation is "प्रारूप".
     
  • The string "Spams" has been translated as "अनचाहा", means "Unwanted". While there is no exact translation for spam in Hindi but if we translate the dictionary meaning of spam i.e. "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients." we will get "व्यर्थ या अनुपयुक्त संदेश..". Now, "Junk" (the term used by other services for spams) translates as "रद्दी" or "व्यर्थ". So the better term would be "व्यर्थ". Since "Junk" and "Irrelevant" both are translated as "व्यर्थ". Anyway it wont be atleast "अनचाहा".
  • “Sent” has been translated as  “भेजी गई ईमेल”, means “sent mail”. Better term  for “sent” is “प्रेषित” . 
 I have cross posted this in Gmail’s Forum.

4 Comments:

erectile dysfunction causes said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

ed pills online said...

In fact when someone doesn't be aware of then its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it takes place.

erectile dysfunction drugs said...

I'm amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy that I found this in my search for something concerning this.

erectile dysfunction pills said...

Hi I am so happy I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Aol for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.